Dr. Ng Tat-lun Memorial Scholarship 2017
Application deadline: 12:00nn on 25 September 2017
Quantity: 2 (APSS nominate 1 to FHSS to be competed among FHSS nominees)
- Full-time local students;
- Admitted into a full-time UGC-funded undergraduate degree programme (BASW/ BASPA) in or before the academic year 2016/17.
- outstanding academic achievements (the minimum cumulative GPA of previous academic year should be 3.5);
- active involvement in co-curricular activities and community services;
- strong leadership ability; and
- good personal qualities.
The application documents must be well-typed and submitted IN HARD COPY to HJ402 (Emily Siu) by 12:00nn on 25 September 2017, Monday. The application documents include:
1. *Completed Application Form with true signature;
2. *Copy of recent assessment result record OR academic transcript;
3. * An article of 200-500 words on how you are inspired by Dr. Ng’s spirit of pursuing life-long learning. (Please refer to the Memoir of the late Dr. Ng for reference.)
4. Other supporting documents;
4.1 List of non-academic achievement and personal statement (click here to download);
4.2 Reference letter/ copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community services
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
Late application will not be considered.
Selection Criteria/ Procedures
1. APSS will nominate 1 student to Faculty of Health and Social Sciences (FHSS);
2. FHSS will select two students to receive the scholarship among all FHSS nominees.
Nominees who do not receive notification by October 2017 should consider their nominations unsuccessful.
The awardees are requested to write a thank-you note/ letter to the family of the late Dr. Ng Tat-lun.
The awardees are required to attend the scholarship gathering tentatively to be 16 November 2017 at 5:30 pm in PolyU and related scholarship functions/ ceremonies hosted by PolyU/the Donor.
Should you have any enquiry about the above scholarships application, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact APSS colleagues on 2766 5730 (Ms Rachel HUI) or 2766 5742 (Ms Emily SIU).