Outstanding Students Award Scheme 2017
Application deadline: 12nn, 25 September 2017 (Monday)
Department OSA: HK$2,000 (quantity: 1, to be competed among APSS applicants)
Faculty OSA: HK$3,000 (quantity: 1, to be competed among FHSS nominees)
PolyU OSA: HK$5,000 (quantity: 1, to be competed among Faculties’ nominees)
- All full-time final-year students (or on credit-based programmes having completed two-thirds of the total number of credits required), in any degree/sub-degree.
- Students on double-degree programmes should be nominated in the final year of studies.
- Past awardees/candidates cannot be re-nominated again.
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Strong leadership ability
- Active involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Substantial community service experience and exposure
- Good personal qualities
- Free of disciplinary record(s)
- Preferably the awardees of scholarships/prizes awarded during their undergraduate studies at PolyU
- Please prepare a PowerPoint presentation with no more than 10 slides to demonstrate your learning experience and achievements as well as illustrate your qualities of being an outstanding student. Then print the presentation out in “handouts” format with 2 slides per page in horizontal order and attached the printout as supporting document to this form.
The application documents must be well-typed and submitted IN HARD COPY to HJ402 (Emily Siu) by 12:00nn on 25 September 2017, Monday. The application documents include:
1. *Completed Application Form with true signature;
2. *Copy of recent assessment result record OR academic transcript;
3. *# PowerPoint presentation
4. Other supporting documents;
4.1 List of non-academic achievement and personal statement;
4.2 Reference letter/ copy of certificates or proof on extra-curricular activities and community services
(Item with * is compulsory.)
APSS will send an acknowledge email upon the receipt of application. If you hesitate whether the application is well received, please contact us ASAP.
1.APSS Scholarship Selection Panel will review all applications and select one student to receive the “Department OSA (APSS)”;
2.Faculty of Health and Social Sciences (FHSS) will select one student to receive “Faculty OSA” among all “Department OSAs” from FHSS;
3.An adjudication panel will select the “PolyU OSA” among all “Faculty OSAs”.
The certificates are to be presented to the awardees by the President at the Outstanding Student Awards Presentation Ceremony, while the cash awards for the awardees would be disbursed separately afterwards.
A Roll of Honour, with the names of awardees of “The Most Outstanding PolyU Student Award” and “Outstanding Student Award of Faculty/School”, is to be erected at a prominent spot on campus frequented by students for a period of one year and be replaced by the next batch..
Email to email@example.com or contact APSS colleagues at 2766 5730 (Ms Rachel HUI) or 2766 5742 (Ms Emily SIU).