Dr LI Xiang 黎翔博士
Research Assistant Professor
PhD (City University)
LLB (Xiamen University)
Aggression and delinquency
Child and adolescent development
Selected Journal Articles:
Li, X., & Shek, D. T. (2020). Objective outcome evaluation of a leadership course utilising the positive youth development approach in Hong Kong. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 45, 741-757. (SSCI; Q1 in Education & Educational Research, 2018 IF = 2.473, 5-year IF = 2.832)
Ang, R. P., Ong, S.L., & Li, X. (2020). Student version of the Teacher–Student Relationship Inventory (S-TSRI): Development, validation and invariance. Frontiers in Psychology (Quantitative Psychology and Measurement). doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2020.01724 (SSCI; Q2 in Multidisciplinary Psychology, 2018 IF = 2.129, 5-year IF = 2.871)
Li, X., & Ang, R. P. (2019). Parent criminality and adolescent delinquency: The moderating roles of narcissism, callous-unemotional traits, and impulsivity. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 28, 776-783. (SSCI; Q2 in Family Studies, 2018 IF = 1.556, 5-year IF = 2.105)
Ang, R. P., Li, X., Huan, V. S., Liem, G. A. D., Kang, T., Wong, Q., & Yeo, J. Y. P. (2019). Profiles of antisocial behavior in school-based and at-risk adolescents in Singapore: A latent class analysis. Child Psychiatry and Human Development. doi:10.1007/s10578-019-00941-1 (SSCI; Q2 in Developmental Psychology, 2018 IF = 2.071, 5-year IF = 2.433)
Ang, R. P., Li, X., & Huan, V. S. (2018). Psychopathic traits and gender as moderators of the parental arrest-proactive aggression link. Current Psychology. doi:10.1007/s12144-018-9942-3 (SSCI; Q2 in Multidisciplinary Psychology, 2018 IF = 1.468, 5-year IF = 1.582)
Ang, R. P., Huan, V. S., Li, X., & Chan, W. T. (2018). Functions of aggression and delinquency: The moderating role of parent criminality and friends’ gang membership. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 33, 3531-3550. (SSCI; Q1 in Applied Psychology, 2018 IF = 3.064, 5-year IF = 2.821)
Fung, A., Li, X., Ramírez, M. J., Lam, B.Y.H, Millana, L., & Fares-Otero, N.E. (2018). A cross-regional study of the reactive and proactive aggression of youth in Spain, Uruguay, Mainland China, and Hong Kong. Social Development, 27, 748-760. (SSCI; Q2 in Developmental Psychology, 2017 IF = 2.042, 5-year impact factor = 2.597)
Li, X., Chan, W. T., Ang, R. P., & Huan, V. S. (2017). Assessment of psychopathic traits in Singaporean adolescents: Validation of the Antisocial Process Screening Device (APSD). Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 39, 198-208. (SSCI; Q2 in Clinical Psychology, 2016 IF = 1.905, 5-year impact factor = 2.324)
Ang, R. P., Li, X., & Seah, S.L. (2017). The role of normative beliefs about aggression in the relationship between empathy and cyberbullying. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 48, 1138-1152. (SSCI; Q2 in Social Psychology, 2016 IF = 1.657, 5-year impact factor = 2.382)
Ang, R. P., Huan, V. S., Li, X., & Chan, W. T. (2016). Factor structure and invariance of the reactive and proactive aggression questionnaire in a large sample of young adolescents in Singapore. Child Psychiatry & Human Development, 47, 883-889. (SSCI; Q2 in Developmental Psychology, 2016 IF = 2.012, 5-year IF = 2.479)
*Shek, D. T., & *Li, X. (2016). Perceived school performance, life satisfaction, and hopelessness: A 4-year longitudinal study of adolescents in Hong Kong. Social Indicators Research, 126, 921-934. (*Equal contribution) (SSCI; Q1 in Social Sciences, Interdisciplinary, 2015 IF = 1.380, 5-year impact factor = 1.789)
Yang, A., Li, X., & Salmivalli, C. (2016). Maladjustment of bully-victims: Validation with three identification methods. Educational Psychology, 36, 1390-1407. (SSCI; Q2 in Education & Educational Research, 2015 IF = 1.157, 5-year IF = 1.511)
Li, X., & Fung, A. (2015). Reactive and proactive aggression in mainland Chinese secondary school students. Journal of Social Work, 15, 297-316. (SSCI; Q1 in Social Work, 2012 IF = 1.233)
Shek, D. T., & Li, X. (2014). Subjective well-being of early adolescents in Hong Kong. In D. T. L. Shek, R. C. F. Sun, & C. M. S. Ma (Eds.), Chinese adolescents in Hong Kong—Family life, psychological wellbeing and risk behavior (pp. 93–109). New York: Springer.
Current Research Projects:
- PI, “Cyberbullying after being cyber-victimized in primary school students: Individual values and the protective role of the school environment”, Funded by Research Grants Council General Research Fund - Early Career Scheme (ECS), 2020-2022 (HK$ 594,330)
- PI, “Victimization, cyber behavior, and behavioral health: A two-year longitudinal study of Chinese secondary school students”, Funded by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Departmental General Research Grant (DGRF), 2019-2021 (HK$ 90,000)
- PI, “The effect of poor ability to understand other's mental states on the development of emotional and disruptive behavior problems in adolescents: A study of the neural underpinnings”, Funded by Faculty Collaborative Research Scheme between Social Sciences and Health Sciences, 2019-2021 (HK$ 250,000)
- PI, “Victimization in real life and youth responses in the cyber world”, Funded by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Start-up Fund, 2018-2019 (HK$ 89,980)
- Co-PI, “A study on the mechanism and prevention of delinquency among rural left-behind adolescents in China,” Funded by National Social Science Fund, China, 2018-2021, RMB 200,000.
- Co-PI, “Research on the construction of National Index of sense of benefit,” Funded by National Social Science Fund, China, 2017-2020, RMB 200,000.
Selected Conference Presentations:
- Li, X., & Fung, A. (August, 2018). Developmental pathways from victimization to reactive aggression: A longitudinal study on school-based aggressive victims in China. 13th International Conference on Child and Adolescent Psychopathology, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Li, X., & Ang, R. P. (June, 2018). The moderating roles of psychopathic traits between parental arrest and adolescent delinquency. 16th ISQOLS Annual Conference: Promotion of Quality of Life in the Changing World, Hong Kong.
- Li, X., & Fung, A. (August, 2011). Chinese school-aged victims’ responses towards aggression: The roles of personal traits and social adjustments. 15th European Conference on Developmental Psychology, Bergen, Norway.
- Li, X., & Fung, A. (June, 2011). Pathway between perception of hostility and aggressive responses of victims in Chinese secondary schools. 14th International Congress of ESCAP – European Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Helsinki, Finland.
- Li, X. (August, 2010). Factors contributing to Chinese children changing from aggressive victims into reactive aggressors. 5th International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Cambridge, UK.
- Li, X. (June, 2010). Behavior changing process of Chinese children from aggressive victims into reactive aggressors of school bullying. 2010 Joint World Conference on Social Work and Social Development, Hong Kong. (Best Abstract Award)
Professional & Community Service:
Reviewer for Academic Journals
Child Psychiatry & Human Development
Journal of Community Psychology
Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment
Journal of Child and Family Studies
Research on Social Work Practice
Children and Youth Services Review
Social Indicators Research
Applied Research in Quality of Life
Journal of Social Work
External Examiner of Doctoral Thesis
University of Sydney