NAIL “IT”: Navigating in ICT Lifelong Learning
Project Duration: Dec 2021 to Dec 2023
The ICT courses under the project of “ICT Lifelong Learning for the Third Age at PolyU” are planned for the third age members. Moreover, our tutors are third age members who understand the learners well and have attended the “train-the-trainer” course. The Institute of Active Ageing (IAA) of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) conducts 13 courses in three categories defined by the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO), including government mobile applications, e-wallet, mobile office and cyber security, etc. Each ICT course comprises five sessions to be completed within three to five weeks. Tutors and participants may use PolyU’s space and facilities on campus, e.g. wireless Internet services, for teaching and learning purposes.
- Promote the awareness and basics of cyber security
- Improve older adults’ information technological capacity
- Connect our older members with the community in utilising the APPs for daily lives and health management
- Expand the social circles of our older members
Funded by Office of the Government Chief Information Officer
Enrollment for the Oct to Dec courses will be open from 15 Sept 2022 (8 a.m.) to 30 Sept 2022 (10 p.m.), please fill the form here or scan the OR code for registration.
Five courses are provided in this quarter: 1) social media & instant messaging, 2) mobile photo shooting skills, 3) data transmission and cloud storage, 4) smart public service delivery, 5) smart tools for health. Please read the posters for detail.
- Enrollment open to 60 yrs of age and above only
- Priority given to eligible IAA members
- Each person can enroll for one course only
- Admission subjected to conditions: i) sufficient quota, ii) has not attend the same course before, iii) attendance rate not lower than 80% in the previous ICT courses