MSc in Applied Mathematics for Science and Technology - Decision Science
- Bachelor's degree with honours in Engineering, Computer Science, Basic Science, Business, Economics, or the equivalent (industrial or business experience will be an asset)
For applicants who are not native English speakers and whose first degree qualifications are not obtained through the English medium, they are required to obtain one of the following taken within a two-year period to ensure that our admittees have reached a compatible English language standard:
- A TOEFL score of 550 or above for the paper-based test, or a TOEFL score of 80 or above for the internet-based test; or
- An overall Band Score of at least 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The above-mentioned qualifications for English language requirements are not exhaustive; the Department has the full discretion to accept other qualifications deemed to be equivalent.
- Local applicants may be invited for on-site interviews.
- Non-local applicants may be invited for online interviews.
- The interview is about 15 minutes long, with an aim to assess the applicant's English communication skill, background of previous mathematical studies, related work experience if applicable, and answer questions that the applicant may have.
Your browser is not the latest version. If you continue to browse our website, Some pages may not function properly.
You are recommended to upgrade to a newer version or switch to a different browser. A list of the web browsers that we support can be found here