- [06-03-2020] SIAM's Response to the International Outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- [06-02-2020] We have been closely monitoring the developments of the novel coronavirus outbreak that originated from Wuhan, China. By now, the epidemic has not only affected all parts of China, including Hong Kong, but the number of confirmed cases is rapidly growing as they occur around the world. Considering the worsening situation, and the health and well being of all potential participants, and also in consultation with the SIAM office, we had to conclude that SIAM Opt'20 cannot be held in Hong Kong in May 2020.
This was a difficult, but inevitable decision to make. We also take the opportunity to express our utmost gratitude to Defeng, Xiaojun and all local organizers for the extraordinary efforts they made to have great Opt'20 conference in Hong Kong.
The Organizing Committee, the outgoing and new management of SIAG/Opt, together with the SIAM Office is working hard to identify the best course of action. Considered options include: to move the Opt'20 conference to another location (possibly in the US), while the dates remain the same; or postpone it by a year, or even cancel it completely.
We urge everyone to postpone making any travel arrangements until further notice. We will provide regular updates as soon as new information becomes available.
Tamás Terlaky, Opt'20 Co-Chair, SIAG/Opt Past Chair
Defeng Sun, Opt'20 Co-Chair
Katya Scheinberg, SIAG/Opt Chair
- [05-02-2020] We have been closely monitoring the developments of the new coronavirus outbreak that originated from Wuhan, China. Now it has affected all parts of China including Hong Kong. We recommend postponing booking flights or hotels since the status of the conference is under discussion. We will let everyone know shortly what the plans are for OP20.
- [15-01-2020] The deadline for abstract submission is extended to February 16, 2020. This includes the abstracts of contributed lectures, posters, and minisymposium presentations. No further extension is planned.
- [13-01-2020] All operations in our PolyU campus are back to normal, and all the preparations for the SIAM Optimization Conference 2020 are progressing well. The conference will proceed as planned. We thank all the people in the optimization community and beyond for their great support and encouragement that we have received during the last several months.
- [11-12-2019] You are invited to submit your abstracts (deadline: January 15, 2020). This includes the abstracts of contributed lectures, posters, and minisymposium presentations. Acceptance of contributed lectures and posters will be announced within two weeks after the deadline.
- [11-12-2019] The deadline for submitting minisympsium proposals is extended to January 5, 2020.
- [20-11-2019] We are closely monitoring the situation in Hong Kong. As of now, the conference is still scheduled to take place as originally planned. However, in case it turns out to be impossible to do so, we will do our best to work out a backup plan. We appreciate your continued efforts to organize minisymposia, still we recommend to delay booking flights until further notice.
- [08-11-2019] Charter bus services will be arranged to pick up participants from the airport on May 25, 2020, and send them to the airport from the conference hotels on May 30, 2020.
- [07-11-2019] Hotel Information is available.
- [08-10-2019] You are invited to submit minisymposium proposals.
- [19-09-2019] Invited Presentations and Minitutorial are updated .
- [10-09-2019] SIAM OP20 website is online.