- [06-02-2020] We have been closely monitoring the developments of the novel coronavirus outbreak that originated from Wuhan, China. By now, the epidemic has not only affected all parts of China, including Hong Kong, but the number of confirmed cases is rapidly growing as they occur around the world. Considering the worsening situation, and the health and well being of all potential participants, and also in consultation with the SIAM office, we had to conclude that SIAM Opt'20 cannot be held in Hong Kong in May 2020.
This was a difficult, but inevitable decision to make. We also take the opportunity to express our utmost gratitude to Defeng, Xiaojun and all local organizers for the extraordinary efforts they made to have great Opt'20 conference in Hong Kong.
The Organizing Committee, the outgoing and new management of SIAG/Opt, together with the SIAM Office is working hard to identify the best course of action. Considered options include: to move the Opt'20 conference to another location (possibly in the US), while the dates remain the same; or postpone it by a year, or even cancel it completely.
We urge everyone to postpone making any travel arrangements until further notice. We will provide regular updates as soon as new information becomes available.
Tamás Terlaky, Opt'20 Co-Chair, SIAG/Opt Past Chair
Defeng Sun, Opt'20 Co-Chair
Katya Scheinberg, SIAG/Opt Chair
Organizing Committee Co-Chairs
Tamás Terlaky, Lehigh University, USA
Defeng Sun, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Organizing Committee Members
Xiaodong Hu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Adil Bagirov, Federation University, Australia
Akiko Yoshise, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Peter Richtarik, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
Gabriele Eichfelder, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany
Fabio Schoen, University of Florence, Italy
Jean Bernard Lasserre, LAAS/CNRS, France
Henry Wolkowicz, University of Waterloo, Canada
Uday Shanbhag, Penn State University, USA
Genetha Gray, Salesforce, USA
Pietro Belotti, FICO, UK
Local Organizing Committee
Xiaojun Chen (Co-chair), PolyU
Defeng Sun (Co-chair), PolyU
Chuanying Dang, City University of Hong Kong
Ting Kei Pong, PolyU
Anthony Man-cho So, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Xiaoqi Yang, PolyU
Xiaoming Yuan, Hong Kong University
Man-Chung Yue, PolyU
Zaikun Zhang, PolyU
I. Quantum Computing and Optimization, Speaker: Giacomo Nannicini, IBM, USA
The SIAM Conference on Optimization will feature the latest research on the theory, algorithms, software, and applications of optimization. A particular emphasis will be put on applications of optimization in AI and data science, quantum computing, health care, finance, aeronautics, control, operations research, and other areas of science and engineering. The conference brings together mathematicians, operations researchers, computer and computational scientists, engineers, software developers and practitioners, thus providing an ideal environment to share new ideas and important problems among specialists and users of optimization in academia, government, and industry.
- Applications in Health Care
- Applications in Energy Networks and Renewable Resources
- Applications in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Combinatorial and Mixed Integer Nonlinear Optimization
- Conic Linear Optimization
- Derivative-free Optimization
- Discrete and Combinatorial Optimization
- Equilibrium Programming
- Graphs and Networks
- Nonlinear Optimization
- Optimization in Engineering
- PDE Based Optimization
- Polynomial and SoS Optimization
- Stochastic and Robust Optimization
January 5, 2020: Minisymposium Proposal Submissions.
February 16, 2020: Contributed Lecture, Poster, and Minisymposium Presentation Abstracts.
December 12, 2019: SIAM Student Travel Award and Post-doc/Early Career Travel Award Applications.
March 10, 2020.
See the Hotel Information page.
- SIAM Activity Group on Optimization
- The Croucher Foundation
- K.C. Wong Education Foundation
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)
- CAS AMSS-POLYU Joint Laboratory of Applied Mathematics(PolyU)