- You are invited to submit your abstracts (deadline: January 15, 2020). This includes the abstracts of contributed lectures, posters, and minisymposium presentations. Acceptance of contributed lectures and posters will be announced within two weeks after the deadline.
- The deadline for submitting minisymposium proposals is extended to January 5, 2020.
- We are closely monitoring the situation in Hong Kong. As of now, the conference is still scheduled to take place as originally planned. However, in case it turns out to be impossible to do so, we will do our best to work out a backup plan. We appreciate your continued efforts to organize minisymposia, still we recommend to delay booking flights until further notice.
- Charter bus services will be arranged to pick up participants from the airport on May 25, 2020, and send them to the airport from the conference hotels on May 30, 2020.
- Hotel Information is available.
Organizing Committee Co-Chairs
Tamás Terlaky, Lehigh University, USA
Defeng Sun, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Organizing Committee Members
Xiaodong Hu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Adil Bagirov, Federation University, Australia
Akiko Yoshise, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Peter Richtarik, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
Gabriele Eichfelder, Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany
Fabio Schoen, University of Florence, Italy
Jean Bernard Lasserre, LAAS/CNRS, France
Henry Wolkowicz, University of Waterloo, Canada
Uday Shanbhag, Penn State University, USA
Genetha Gray, Salesforce, USA
Pietro Belotti, FICO, UK
Local Organizing Committee
Xiaojun Chen (Co-chair), PolyU
Defeng Sun (Co-chair), PolyU
Chuanying Dang, City University of Hong Kong
Ting Kei Pong, PolyU
Anthony Man-cho So, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Xiaoqi Yang, PolyU
Xiaoming Yuan, Hong Kong University
Man-Chung Yue, PolyU
Zaikun Zhang, PolyU
I. Quantum Computing and Optimization, Speaker: Giacomo Nannicini, IBM, USA
II. AI, Machine Learning and Optimization, Speaker: Lin Xiao, Microsoft Research, USA
The SIAM Conference on Optimization will feature the latest research on the theory, algorithms, software, and applications of optimization. A particular emphasis will be put on applications of optimization in AI and data science, quantum computing, health care, finance, aeronautics, control, operations research, and other areas of science and engineering. The conference brings together mathematicians, operations researchers, computer and computational scientists, engineers, software developers and practitioners, thus providing an ideal environment to share new ideas and important problems among specialists and users of optimization in academia, government, and industry.
- Applications in Health Care
- Applications in Energy Networks and Renewable Resources
- Applications in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Combinatorial and Mixed Integer Nonlinear Optimization
- Conic Linear Optimization
- Derivative-free Optimization
- Discrete and Combinatorial Optimization
- Equilibrium Programming
- Graphs and Networks
- Nonlinear Optimization
- Optimization in Engineering
- PDE Based Optimization
- Polynomial and SoS Optimization
- Stochastic and Robust Optimization
January 5, 2020 (NEW): Minisymposium Proposal Submissions.
January 15, 2020: Contributed Lecture, Poster, and Minisymposium Presentation Abstracts.
December 12, 2019: SIAM Student Travel Award and Post-doc/Early Career Travel Award Applications.
March 10, 2020.
See the Hotel Information page.
- SIAM Activity Group on Optimization
- The Croucher Foundation
- K.C. Wong Education Foundation
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)
- CAS AMSS-POLYU Joint Laboratory of Applied Mathematics(PolyU)