Entrance Year Sept 2022
Programme Code 02402-YFN
Mode of Study Full-time
Programme Intake 27 (for cohort of students admitted in 2021/22 promoted to Year 2 in academic year 2022/23)
Credits Required for Graduation 18 credits (at least 9 credits must be at level 3 or above)
Dr Anson Wong PhD, CPA
Dr Anson Wong
Aims and Characteristics
- To broaden the awareness and understanding of PolyU graduates to areas of knowledge and understanding outside their chosen major.
- To enable students from other departments to better understand the role of finance as it relates to their chosen area of specialization.
- To instill a basic finance acumen in graduates such that in their careers they will appreciate the financial implications of their decisions.
On successfully completion of the minor programme in Finance, the students will be able to:
- Apply basic financial theories, analyse financial reports and understand the operation of financial markets.
- Have sufficient finance skills and knowledge to communicate and work effectively with finance professionals.
- Have a foundation of finance skills and knowledge, on which to base the process of continuous development.