General Minimum Entrance RequirementsThe minimum entrance requirements are the University’s General Minimum Entrance Requirements for Bachelor’s degree programmes, as specified below:
1. For those applying on the basis of HKDSE results:
- Level 3 in English Language and Chinese Language, and TWO other Elective Subjects; AND
- Level 2 in Mathematics and Liberal Studies
- Preferred subjects: English Language and Mathematics
2. For those applying on the basis of other local qualifications:
- An appropriate Diploma passed with credit or a Higher Certificate from a recognised institution; OR
- An appropriate Associate Degree / Higher Diploma from a recognised institution (suitable candidates will be considered for advanced standing entry to the senior year curriculum).
3. Other local/non-local qualifications deemed to be acceptable for admission purpose
The University accepts attainments in HKALE / HKASLE, GCEALE / GCEASLE and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma for admission to its 4-year degree programmes. Applicants holding A-Level and IB qualifications will be granted credit transfer upon admission. When considering attainments in HKALE / HKASLE and GCEALE / GCEASLE, weightings will be applied to GCE attainments for admission consideration.
Entry for applicants with alternative qualifications will be dealt with in accordance with the University’s Academic Regulations and Procedures.
4. Language requirements:
(i) Applicants seeking admission to full-time Bachelor's degree programmes on the strength of non-HKDSE qualifications are required to hold one of the following qualifications for English language:-
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 or above for the internet-based test OR 550 or above for the paper-based tests; OR
- An overall Band Score of 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- For applicants applying on the strength of GCE results, Grade C / Grade 4 or above in GCSE / IGCSE / GCEOL English or equivalent.
- For applicants possessing IB qualifications, Level 4 in English.
(ii) As for Chinese Language, non-HKDSE applicants are allowed to use GCEASLE Chinese Language at Grade B or above, or GCSE / IGCSE Other Languages at Grade C or above to fulfill the requirement.
(iii) Individual cases will be considered on their own merit. Applicants concerned may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their language proficiency.
Your browser is not the latest version. If you continue to browse our website, Some pages may not function properly.
You are recommended to upgrade to a newer version or switch to a different browser. A list of the web browsers that we support can be found here