Dr Kong Hang-kin
Research Assistant Professor
- +852 3400 8708
Education and Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Biology with Biotechnology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
My research focuses on multi-omics approach to study food related research: (1) Biological mechanism of production of edible bird's nest in swiftlets and the efficacies of edible bird's nest; (2) Biological mechanism of production of paralytic shellfish toxins in harmful algae; (3) Toxicity of chronic exposure to methylmercury
- Food Science
- Harmful Algae
- Sirius Pui-Kam Tse, Fred Wang-Fat Lee, Daniel Yun-Lam Mak, Hang-Kin Kong, Kenrick Kai-Yuen Chan, Pak-Yeung Lo, Samuel Chun-Lap Lo, Production of Paralytic Shellfish Toxins (PSTs) in Toxic Alexandrium catenella is Intertwined with Photosynthesis and Energy Production, Toxins (Basel). 2020 Jul 27;12(8):477
- Hang-Kin Kong, Chun-Fang Gan, Min Xiong, Kevin Wing-Hin Kwok, Gilbert Chiu-Sing Lui, Ping Li, Hing Man Chan, Samuel Chun-Lap Lo, Chronic Methylmercury Exposure Induces Production of Prostaglandins: Evidence From A Population Study and A Rat Dosing Experiment, Environ Sci Technol. 2019 Jul 2;53(13):7782-7791
- Ivan Fan Xia, Jacky St Cheung, Manhui Wu, Kwong-Sen Wong, Hang-Kin Kong, Xiao-Ting Zheng, Ka-Hing Wong, Kevin Wh Kwok, Dietary chitosan-selenium nanoparticle (CTS-SeNP) enhance immunity and disease resistance in zebrafish, Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2019 Apr;87:449-459.
- Hang-kin Kong, Ka-hing Wong, Samuel Chun-lap Lo, Identification of peptides released from hot water insoluble fraction of edible bird's nest under simulated gastro-intestinal conditions, Food Research International. 2016 July; 85: 19 – 25
- Kong HK, Wong MH, Chan HM and Lo SC, Chronic exposure of adult rats to low doses of methylmercury induced a state of metabolic deficit in the somatosensory cortex. Journal of Proteome Research. 2013 Nov (1); 12(11): 5233 – 45
- Hang-Kin Kong and Samuel CL Lo, Proteomic investigation on the mechanism of neurotoxicity in low-dose chronic methylmercury intake. Progress in Nutrition. Vol 13, No 3 (2011), 214 - 216.