- 2000 Doctor of Science, University of Cambridge, UK
- 2001 Outstanding Young Researcher Award, HKU
- 2002 Croucher Senior Research Fellowship, The Croucher Foundation
- 2003 Outstanding Research Student Supervisor Award, HKU
- 2008 Outstanding Researcher Award, HKU
- 2012 Outstanding Achievement Award in Scientific Research for Institution of Higher Education of China
- 2015 Gold Award, 43rd International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva
- Wong WT, Chan WY "Optimized relaxivity and specificity hepatobiliary MRI contrast agent". U.S. Patent 7,767,196. 3 Aug 2010.
- Yung KF, Wong WT, Kwong TL "Methods and catalysts for green biodiesel production from unrefined low grade feedstock". U.S. Patent 9,694,350. 4 Jul 2017.
- Yung KF, Wong WT, Kwong TL "Methods and catalysts for green biodiesel production from unrefined low grade feedstock". European Patent 3274298. 9 Oct 2019.
- Yung KF, Wong WT, Kwong TL, Lau PC "Catalyst and method for biodiesel production from unrefined low-grade oil and crude aqueous alcohols". U.S. Patent 20180265446A1.
- Fang X, Wu X, Li Z, Jiang L, Lo W, Chen G, Gu Y, Wong WT. Biomimetic anti-PD-1 peptide-loaded 2D FePSe3 nanosheets for efficient photothermal and enhanced immune therapy with multimodal MR/PA/thermal imaging. Advanced Science, 2020, 2003041.
- Lai WF, Wong WT, Rogach AL. Development of copper nanoclusters for in vitro and in vivo theranostic applications Advanced Materials. 2020; 1906872-83.
- PangSY, WongYT, YuanS, LiuY, TsangMK, YangZ, HuangH, Wong WT, Hao Universal strategy for HF-Free facile and rapid synthesis of two-dimensional MXenes as multifunctional energy materials. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2019; 141(24): 9610-16.
- Jiang L, LungHL , Huang T, Lan R, Zha S, Chan LS, Thor W, Tsoi TH, Chau HF Boreström C, Cobb SL, Tsao SW, Bian ZX, Law GL , Wong WT, Tai WCS, Chau WY, Du Y, Tang LHX, Chiang AKS, Middeldorp JM, Lo KW, Mak NK, Long NJ, Wong KL. Reactivation of epstein-barr virus by a dual-responsive fluorescent EBNA1-targeting agent with Zn2+-chelating function. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 2019;116(52): 26614-24.
- Tsang MK, Wong YT, Tsoi TH, Wong WT, Hao J. Upconversion luminescence sandwich assay for detection of influenza H7 subtype. Advanced Healthcare Materials. 2019; 8(18): 1900575-83.
- Dai L, Lo WS, Gu Y, Xiong Q, Wong KL, Kwok WM , Wong WT, Law GL. Breaking the 1,2-HOPO barrier with a cyclen backbone for more efficient sensitization of Eu(III) luminescence and unprecedented two-photon excitation properties. Chemical Science 2019; 10(17): 4550-9.
- Zhu, MaW, ZhangM, LeeMML,WongWY, ChanBD, YangQ, Wong WT, Tai WCS, Lee CS. Scalable synthesis enabling multilevel bio-evaluations of natural products for discovery of lead compounds. Nature Communications 2018; 9: 1283.
- YeungCT, YimKH, WongHY, PalR, LoWS, YanSC, WongMYM, YufitD, SmilesDE, McCormickLJ, TeatSJ, ShuhDK, Wong WT, Law GL. Chiral transcription in self-assembled tetrahedral Eu4L6 chiral cages displaying sizable circularly polarized luminescence. Nature Communications 2017; 8:1128.
- JiangLJ, LanRF,HuangT, ChanCF, LiHG, LearS, ZongJY, WongWY, LeeMML, ChanBD, ChanWL, LoWS, MakNK, LungML, LungHL, TsaoSW, TaylorGS, BianZX, TaiWCS, LawGL, Wong WT, Cobb SL, Wong KL. EBNA1-targeted probe for the imaging and growth inhibition of tumours associated with the Epstein-Barr virus. Nature Biomedical Engineering. 2017; 1(4): 0042.
- NonatA, ChanCF, LiuT, Platas-lilesiaC, LiuZ,Wong WT, Wong WK , Wong KL, Charbonnère LJ. Room temperature molecular up conversion in solution. Nature Communications 2016, 7: 11978.
- Long N. J. Wong WT. "The Chemistry of Molecular Imaging". Indianapolis (IN): Wiley; 2015 (Editor)
- Wong WT Jin J., "Upconversion Nanoparticles for Bioimaging Application", The Rare Earth Elements, Edited by D.A. Atwood, 2012 Wiley.
- Wong WT, K.W.Y. Chan "Gadolinium Complexes as MRI Contrast Agents for Diagonsis", Rare Earth Coordination Chemistry-Fundamentals and Applications, Edited by C.H. Huang, 2010 Wiley.
- Wong WT "Compounds Containing Bonds between Fe and Other Transition Metals, Group 11, 12 elements", Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry III, Edited by R.H. Crabtree and D.M.P. Mingos, 2006 Elsevier.
- Wong WT "Heterometallic Ru/Os Containing Compounds", Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry III, Edited by R.H. Crabtree and D.M.P. Mingos, 2006 Elsevier.