Dr. Fangxin (Frank) ZOU
BEng (Sydney, Hons I), PhD (Imperial), MRAeS, MInstP, MInstNDT
Area of Specialization
1. Ultrasound-based analytical techniques for studying corrosion phenomena;
2. Nanomaterials-based strain sensors.
Dr Zou obtained a First Class Honours degree in Aeronautical (Space) Engineering at The University of Sydney in 2010. He then completed a PhD in Aeronautics at Imperial College London in 2015. Prior to joining The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2018, he was a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Non-Destructive Evaluation Group at Imperial College London.
Dr Zou holds memberships in a variety of professional organizations including the Royal Aeronautical Society (UK), the Institute of Physics (UK), the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing, and NACE International (USA). He also maintains close collaborative relationships with a number of government organisations and world-leading companies.
- Weng, Z., Guan, R., Zou, F.*, Zhou, P., Liao, Y., Su, Z., Huang, L. & Liu, F. (2020). A highly sensitive polydopamine@ hybrid carbon nanofillers based nanocomposite sensor for acquiring high-frequency ultrasonic waves. Carbon, 170, 403-413.
- Guan, R., Zou, F.*, Weng, Z., Zhou, P., Liao, Y., Su, Z., & Huang, L. On a Highly Reproducible, Broadband Nanocomposite Ultrasonic Film Sensor Fabricated by Ultrasonic Atomization Assisted Spray Coating. Advanced Engineering Materials, 22(11), 2000462.
- Zou, F.*, & Cegla, F. B. (2018). On quantitative corrosion rate monitoring with ultrasound. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 812, 115-121.
- Zou, F.*, & Cegla, F. B. (2018). High-accuracy ultrasonic corrosion rate monitoring. Corrosion, 74(3), 372-382.
- Zou, F.*, & Cegla, F. B. (2017). High accuracy ultrasonic monitoring of electrochemical processes. Electrochemistry Communications, 82, 134-138.