After students completed the Test in Learn@PolyU, Item Analysis provides statistics on:
- Overall performance
- Test quality
- Individual questions
The statistics help instructor recognize questions that might be poor discriminators of student performance.
Use case for Item Analysis !
After reviewing the Item Analysis, instructor notices that the majority of students had answered one question incorrectly. Why such low success rate?
- Were students given right content to learn to answer the test questions correctly
- Improve questions / adjust credit
- Discuss test result with students
- Provide a basic student learning outcomes
- Was the content easily accessible and clear?
Based on the information provided by Item Analysis, instructor can improve the test question so it truly reflects what students know or don't know.
Access and run the Item Analysis (for deployed tests only)
This video shows how to access and run the Item Analysis.
Read the Item Analysis report
This video shows how to use Item Analysis to measure the effectiveness of test questions.
For more detail, go to https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Tests_Pools_Surveys/Item_Analysis