Instructors could collect and understand your Student Engagement (learning activity) by Course reports under Learn@PolyU.
There are 7 course reports available at Learn@PolyU under Evaluation > Course Reports:
How to Generate the course reports?
1. The course reports page
Go into your Blackboard course, and find the Control Panel:
2. Run the report
Choose the report you need, and run it:
3. The report specifications
Set value in the report parameters:
- Format: Choose an output format from the menu.
- Start date and End date: For reports that cover a specific period of time, select start and end dates for the report.
- Users: Select one or more users for the report. For Windows, to select multiple users in a list, press the Shift key and select the first and last users. To select users out of sequence, press the Ctrl key and select each user needed.
- Students: To run a report on a single student, select the student name from the menu.
* Different reports need different parameters.
4. Download the report
Click to download the report:
1. All User Activity inside Content Areas
The report displays a summary of all user activity inside content areas for a course. Use this report to determine which students are active in your course and which content areas they use.
2. Course Activity Overview
The report displays overall activity within a single course, sorted by student and date. Data includes the total and average time spent per active student and the total amount and type of activity each student had in the course. Optionally, you can filter the report by one or more groups. Only students who are members of the selected groups are included in report results
3. Overall Summary of User Activity
The report displays user activity for all areas of your course, as well as activity dates, times, and days of the week. Use this report to view student access as well as how often course tools are used.
4. Single Course User Participation Report
The report displays the number of user submissions in your course for assignments, tests, discussions, blogs, and journals within the chosen time frame. You don't need to grade an item for data to be included in the report. The data is provided in a Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet (XLS).
If no activity exists for an item type, no column appears. If no students submitted an assignment in the chosen time frame, no assignment column appears in the spreadsheet.
5. Student Overview for Single Course
The report displays an individual student's activity within your course, sorted by date. Data includes the total overall time a student spent in your course. You can view detailed information about a student's activity, such as which items and content areas a student accessed and the time spent on each. Use this report to check a certain student's course activity.
6. User Activity in Forums
The report displays a summary of user activity in discussion forums in your course.
7. User Activity in Groups
The report displays a summary of user activity in groups for your course.
For more detail, go to https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Performance/Course_Reports