User Guide for Student
Subject sites on Learn@PolyU are usually ready one week before the first day of each semester.
If students registered a new subject or dropped a subject during the add/drop period, the changes will appear after one working day at 9AM.
All amendments made to the subject registration record should only be done through eStudent. If you cannot view the subject site after one working day at 9AM, please contact IT HelpCentre with your subject code and eStudent registration status enclosed.
Disable access to the course
Please refer to the page of Blackboard Course Archive for details information
Cannot access to the assignment or quiz
The availability of assignment, quiz or course content may subject to your student group, date or completion of course assessment.
Please confirm the release criteria with your subject lecturer that he/she may setup a rule of Adaptive Release.
About the details of supported browsers. Please check with the following website to see whether your web browser works with current version of Blackboard Learn
Mobile browsers are also supported for the Original experience. And we also encourage the user to use Blackboard App (https://www.blackboard.com/mobile-learning/blackboard-app.html) and Blackboard Instructor (https://www.blackboard.com/mobile-learning/blackboard-instructor.html) which is a native apps supported for mobile and tablet devices.
Please noted that the following technologies were not supported in current version of LEARN@PolyU:
- Windows XP
- Windows, Mac OS, and Linux systems not running a supported browser
- Internet Explorer
- Firefox versions 48 and lower
- Chrome versions 49 and lower
- Safari versions 9 and lower
- JRE 5 for Blackboard Learn Original user interfaces
Submit Blackboard Assignment
How to submit a Blackboard assignment
- Open the assignment.
- On the Upload Assignment page, review the instructions, due date, points possible, and download any files provided by your instructor.
- If your instructor has added a rubric for grading, you can view it.
- To submit an assignment, students may:
- select Write Submission to expand the area where you can type your submission,
- select Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer,
- select Browse Cloud Storage to upload a file from Microsoft One Drive for Business, or
- drag files from your computer to the "hot spot" in the Attach Files area
- Select Submit
- The Review Submission History page appears with heading showing the success message with a confirmation number and a preview of your submission. Copy and save this confirmation number as proof of your submission.
For assignments with multiple attempts, you receive a different confirmation number for each submission. If your class instructor has enabled email notifications for submission receipts, you will also receive an email with your confirmation number and details each time you submit coursework.
How to review a submitted Blackboard assignment
If students submitted their assignment successfully, they are able to double check and review their submission through My Grades. Students access their grades from My Grades pages or the assignment's Review Submission History page.
1. From the course menu, select Tools
2. Select My Grades
3. Click the item name of the assignment
4. Review Submission History page will appear for students to review their submission.
Submit Turnitin Assignment
About Turnitin assignment
If you see this Turnitin logo next to the assignment name, that means your submission will go through Turnitin for checking.
How to submit a Turnitin assignment
1. To make a submission, click View/Complete under the name of the assignment (e.g. Assignment 1).
2. To upload your assignment, click Submit.
3. Select Single file upload (i.e. submitting a file to the assignment), or Cut & paste upload (i.e. copying-and-pasting the paper in a text box for submission) from the drop-down menu.
4. Your name should appear in the First name and Last name fields.
• Fill in the assignment title in Submission title box.
• Click Choose from this computer to locate the file (on your computer or USB) to be submitted.
• Click Upload to submit the assignment. A prompt will notify you upon your successful upload and redirect you to a preview of the submission.
Note the following requirements for single file upload. You can find this information by clicking What can I submit.
Requirements for single file upload
• File must be less than 40 MB
• File must have at least 20 words of text
• The maxium paper length is 400 pages
• File types allowed: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF, OpenOffice (ODT), Hangul (HWP), Google Docs, and plain text
Note: This is not the end, students must confirm the submission to complete the submission.
5. Click Confirm to submit the assignment.
A prompt on the top will notify you upon your successful submission.
After the submission has completed, a digital receipt will also send to your email.