"Smart Companion Robot" Invention Trial Programme
While Hong Kong is facing the challenges of an ageing population and a rising number of persons with cognitive impairment, coupled with the volatility of the pandemic era, the elderly care sector is in urgent need of gerontechnology applications to meet the service needs. With the mission to promote gerontechnology for enhancing elderly care services and improving the quality of life of older adults, the "Jockey Club Smart Ageing Hub" project is now launching a "Smart Companion Robot" Innovation Trial Programme to share a local-developed invention (the "Smart Companion Robot") with the professionals in the elderly care sector, for encouraging different organizations to implement innovative gerontechnology solutions in different settings and to share their experience for its wider application.
- To make the innovative gerontech solution available to the aged, those with disabilities, and those who are cognitively impaired
- To transfer the local-developed inventions of the university (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University) into innovative applications to meet the community's needs
- To encourage local elderly care service units to leverage the use of gerontechnology for advancement in services
- To create a cross-unit interactive platform for local elderly care service units
About the "Smart Companion Robot"
1st batch: Jun - Aug 2022
- 24 May 2022 – Conducted an online sharing session entitled "PolyU developed the Smart Companion Robot for supporting the elderly care services in Hong Kong"
- 16 Jun 2022 – Delivered "Smart Companion Robot" packages
- 24 Jun 2022 – Conducted an online workshop entitled "A guide to the Smart Companion Robot"
2nd batch: The second half of 2022 (details to be announced)
- If you are interested in joining the above invention trial programme, please call us at 3400 3604, WhatsApp at 9451 4707 or email email@example.com