Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-Secondary Students (FASP)
You are eligibile to apply for FASP in the 2013/14 academic year if you :
|(1)||are a registered full-time student, aged 30 or below (i.e. born on or after 1 September 1982);|
|(2)||are engaged in full-time locally-accredited self-financing post-secondary education programmes at sub-degree (i.e. associate degree, higher diploma and/or professional diploma) level or degree level;|
|(3)||have not accepted financial assistance under any other publicly-funded student financial assistance scheme (e.g. the Continuing Education Fund (CEF)) for the programme/course covered by the application in the same academic year; and|
|(4)||have the right of abode in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong) or have resided or have had your home in Hong Kong continuously for 3 complete years immediately prior to the commencement of the course. This does not cover students staying in Hong Kong holding student visas.|
- Your eligibility is restricted to only one eligible full-time course in any one academic year.
- If you are eligible to apply for assistance under FASP in the 2013/14 academic year, you may also apply for subsidy under the Student Travel Subsidy (STS) Scheme. Please refer to Appendix I of Part III of the FASP Guidance Notes for details.
- If you are eligible to apply for assistance under FASP in the 2013/14 academic year, you are also eligible to apply for assistance under the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS). The NLSPS provides non-means-tested loan(s) to students to meet tuition fees. For details of the NLSPS, pleases refer to Appendix II of Part III of the Guidance Notes or NLSPS Guidance Notes [NLSPS/1B(2013)](http://www.sfaa.gov.hk/eng/public/index.htm#nlsps).
- If there is change of your student status, you may no longer be eligible for the assistance under the FASP. Upon the change is confirmed, you should immediately notify the SFAA in writing and be prepared for the repayment of the overpaid assistance, if any.
For details of the FASP, please visit the SFAA homepage at : http://www.sfaa.gov.hk/eng/schemes/fasp.htm.
For enquiries (e.g. check progress of your application), you may contact relevant section of the SFAA through mail, fax, email or phone call.
Room 1201, 12/F, Trade and Industry Department Tower, 700 Nathan Road, Kowloon (Application Processing Unit)
Room 121, 1/F, Trade and Industry Department Tower, 700 Nathan Road, Kowloon (Payment Unit)
Room M12B, M/F, Trade and Industry Department Tower, 700 Nathan Road, Kowloon (Student Loan Unit)
Room M12A, M/F, Trade and Industry Department Tower, 700 Nathan Road, Kowloon (Deferment, Default and Recovery Unit)
Office hours : Mon - Fri 8:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.; except public holidays
FASP enquiry number during office hours : 2152 9000 (General Enquiry) / 3755 3155 (Payment Unit)
24-hour automated enquiry hotline : 2802 2345
Fax number : 2157 9520 (General Enquiry) / 2157 9532 (Payment Unit)
E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Your eligibility for financial assistance depends on the financial position of your family. In 2013/14, your level of assistance will be determined by a two-tier means test, details as follows-
First, compare your Adjusted Family Income (AFI) against the Ready Reckoner to get the first percentage of grant / loan, then apply this percentage to (i) the tuition fee payable; (ii) academic expenses grant capped at HK$4,700*; and (iii) basic living expenses loan capped at HK$40,960* ;
Second, compare the Net Asset Value of your family against the Sliding Scale of Asset Value for Discounting Financial Assistance to get the discount factor of grant / loan, then adjust the level of grant/loan calculated under paragraph (1) by the discount factor to get your final level of grant and loan. Please note that the level of tuition fees grant is subject to a ceiling of HK$68,110* in 2013/14.
* The ceilings will be reviewed annually and uploaded to the SFAA’s webpage (http://www.sfaa.gov.hk/eng/schemes/fasp.htm).
All the full-time self-financed PolyU Programmes covered under the 2013/14 FASP are stated on the Course Coding Sheet.
Guidance Notes, Sample, documents and forms (except the application form) related to the FASP can be downloaded from http://www.sfaa.gov.hk/eng/public/index.htm#fasp.
PolyU applicant can get the FASP application form from the Student Affairs Office at Room ST314, Core S (Mon - Fri 9:00 a.m. to 12:30p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; except Public Holidays).
Document Ω :
If you want to have an idea about the FASP/NLSPS, you are welcome to join one of the following briefing sessions conducted by SAO : SAMS Prog.Code Date Time Venue Language SF0006/2013/1/N 22 Aug 2013 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. SF0007/2013/1/N 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. Room S210, Communal Building Enrollment : In view of limited seats for each briefing session, you must register to reserve a seat via SAMS at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/sams/ ⇒"Programme Registration" : "Development Programme" For enquiry, please call 3400 3134.
Room N002, Core N
3 Sep 2013
* When the Hong Kong Observatory announces that the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above/Black Rainstorm Warning is likely to be hoisted/issued OR when the Signal/Warning is still hoisted/issued within 2 hours from the commencement of the briefing session, the briefing session will be cancelled.
⇒Login your Student Number & Pin
⇒"Programme Area" : "Scholarship & Financial Assistance"
⇒Select which session you want to attend.
If you want to have an idea about the FASP/NLSPS, you are welcome to join one of the following briefing sessions conducted by SAO :
22 Aug 2013
10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Room S210, Communal Building
In view of limited seats for each briefing session, you must register to reserve a seat via SAMS at https://www.polyu.edu.hk/sams/
⇒"Programme Registration" : "Development Programme"
For enquiry, please call 3400 3134.
For eligible local full-time self-financed degree students
The normal application period is over. If you have genuine financial needs and want to submit late application, you may contact us at 3400 3762 for advice.
|(1)||At the time of submitting application, if you fail to report / attach the required information / supporting documents in / to your application form, and the information/supporting document is only reported / provided upon the SFAA’s enquiry, this would be treated as a misrepresentation and/or omission in your application;|
|(2)||In case there is / are supporting document(s) not yet available, you must fully state in the part “Additional Information by Applicant”. Once the said document(s) is/are available, you must take the initiative to submit it/them immediately to the SFAA by fax/mail/in person.|
|(3)||Any misrepresentation or omission may lead to rejection of your application(s) and / or full recovery of financial assistance already offered. You and your family members may also be prosecuted.
(Reference : FASP - Importance of Providing True and Complete Information)
|For assistance from the Student Affairs Office,
|Student Support and Amenities Section
Student Affairs Office
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
▲Back To Top