Co-curricular Achievement Transcript (CAT)
The Co-curricular Achievement Transcript (CAT) issued by SAO provides you with an on-line facility to view your developmental record outside the normal academic curriculum. The records are divided into six categories:
- Award / Scholarship: This category recognizes the awards and scholarships of which nomination and selection process is administered by PolyU.
- Career Education and Training: Student participation in programmes and workshops that facilitate work-based learning, enhance their employability and prepare them for the world of work.
- Community Service / Voluntary Work: Student involvement in community project/social service and/or voluntary student helpers in PolyU events (e.g. PolyU Education Info Day).
- Contribution to University and Student Organization: Students’ contributions in PolyU Teams (e.g. sports team members representing the University) and/or PolyU recognized student organizations (e.g. office-bearers of Students’ Union).
- Developmental Programme: Student participation in non-credit bearing programmes which have an educational and developmental element is recorded.
- Mandatory Co-curricular Requirement: Students of full-time undergraduate degree programmes (excluding students admitted to new 4-year curriculum from 2012-13) are required to take part in non-credit bearing co-curricular activities prior to graduation.
CAT was established with the aims to (i) assist you to keep track of your own co-curricular development; (ii) motivate you to set up goals in pursuit of excellence; (iii) serve as a quick reference of your all-round potential as a 'preferred graduate'; and (iv) serve as a certificate in recognition of your achievements and contributions.
WHO can apply?
All PolyU students (excluding HKCC and SPEED) with a valid Student ID Number and PIN are eligible to use this on-line facility at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/sams. The on-line facility is only available for current students and fresh graduates.
WHEN and HOW to apply?
- You can preview online or print your own CAT at any time of the year.
- You may also apply for an official copy from SAO anytime through the website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/sams. However, the desirable month for a comprehensive record will be around end-July during which full data of the current academic year will have been consolidated.
- Your CAT records are accumulated on an on-going basis throughout your study pertaining to a programme enrolled on a specific student ID number.
- Students who have graduated for over 1 year should apply through email to SAO at email@example.com.
HOW MUCH does it cost?
Preview function of CAT is free-of-charge. Current registered students and/or fresh graduates can preview and print the draft transcript from local printer. Every student is entitled to an official copy of CAT for free every academic year. Any request other than the free copy pertaining to a specific academic year is subject to a handling charge of HK$50 (non-refundable) per copy. The fee should be settled within ten working days of the online application, otherwise, the request would be cancelled automatically.
HOW to pay?
Obtain a debit note from Room ST314 Student Affairs Office. Settle the payment at an ATM outlet or Hang Seng Bank counter.
WHERE to collect?
When the CAT is ready for collection, the applicant will receive an email notification. The applicant is required to collect it in person by presenting his/her Student ID Card or personal identification document (whichever is applicable) at our service counter in:
Room ST314, Student Affairs Office (Core S, 3/F)
Mon-Fri 8:45 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
If you wish to authorize another person to collect the transcript on your behalf, please provide a letter of authorization and also a copy of your Student ID Card or personal identification document (whichever is applicable). The authorized person will be requested to present his/her personal identification document for authentication purpose.
If the transcript is not collected within three months from the date of the email notifier for transcript collection, the printed copy will be destroyed without further notification. The fee paid is non-refundable. You will need to re-apply and pay for another copy again.