10 November 2004
Dear Johnny (Warden of Kaiyuan Hall),
It was really amazing to see the achievements of Kaiyuan Hall High Table
1. Simple decorations yet with elegance. The dinning hall was creatively
decorated in a cost effective and less time-consuming manner.
2. Arrangement of a waiting room for VIPs before their being invited to
enter the hall showed the organizer's sensitivity and considerateness.
3. High attendance rate. 95% of registered students attended the dinner.
4. Punctuality. Most attendees had seated to welcome the VIPs (the message
that later comer will not be served seems rather effective)
5. A clear and full introduction of the guest speaker. The bibliography
based introduction received students' immediate attention.
6. Full attention and respect to the guest speaker. The students
demonstrated grace while listening to the speech.
7. Reflective video show. A brief hall video clip showed the
functions/activities of KY over the years to share the happiness, strengthen
hall spirit and bring reminiscence to the old boys/girls who were also
guests at the HTD.
8. Smooth run-down which enabled the caterer to serve F&B in 45 minutes
without any interruption, though the students must have been very hungry.
I felt proud sitting at the head table and enjoyed the very impressive HTD.
It is obvious that your guidance, attentiveness to details and clear
dissemination of information and arrangements about the HTD to the residents
beforehand are critical to the achievements.
Please pass my congratulation to all the organizers and student helpers, who
had devoted so much time and energy to organize and make this event a
Edited by Li Lan (Minyin Hall Senior Tutor)